Tiny Hands

Kami ay mga bata, hindi manggagawa! No more tools in our tiny hands! A blog about child labor and our efforts to stop it.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Children should be in school

Posted as comment at my new blog.

"I am lost in cyberspace, but lost not in vain after all. I found your blog site and i immediately positioned myself for further investigation. I can only hope that all these community projects you have been talking about will come into fruition.

Although I have been away for over a quarter of a century (I recently visited the beautiful city of Davao last July 2006, I must admit I am at awe as far as progress and improvement this city achieved. I must say, kudos to all of you.

As a Dabawenyo at heart, there is something I wish to speak out. Inspite of the progress and improvement I have witnessed thereof, there are still a lot of improvements to make concerning the welfare of our young children. I am shocked to see young children sleeping on the streets.
They are everywhere.

Is there something we could do to take care of these children. Why are they on the street living miserably neglected? Is there something our local governance can do to help and alleviate this poverty? These children should be at a school environment to learn and acquire education.

Thank you,"

Cornell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home