Tiny Hands

Kami ay mga bata, hindi manggagawa! No more tools in our tiny hands! A blog about child labor and our efforts to stop it.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

No more tools in my tiny hands

More than 300 mediapersons, anti-child labor advocates and government officials convened the 1st National Summit on Child Labor at the Century Park Hotel in Manila today and pushed for more awareness on this problem that involved millions of children.

Three break-out groups on media and government, media and community, and media and educators were unanimous in recommending fresh measures to curb rampant child labor abuses throughout the country.

At the closing of the one-day conference, beauty queen Ms. Miriam Quiambao accepted her new role as spokesperson of the child advocacy campaign.

The participants wrote their commitments in hand shape papers to manifest the sign - Stop child labor!

In my paper hand I wrote the following:

"I pledge to have a weblog dedicated to child labor issues.

No more tools in my tiny hands!

Kami ay mga bata, hindi mga manggagawa!

I want to study; I want to read!

I want to play."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home